HEATHROW 24/7 Heavy Duty Chair Range
The SABS – CERTIFIED HEATHROW 24/7 Heavy Duty Chair is based on Karo’s highly successful OMEGA Range of executive and managerial office chairs.
A control room or call centre requires a seating solution that exceeds all standards commonly associated with task chairs used in a conventional office environment. The HEATHROW 24/7 heavy duty chair was specifically designed by Karo to meet the highly demanding 24 hour, 7 days a week work environment. Quite simply, all the components used in the HEATHROW 24/7 have been designed to out-perform and out-last any conventional task chair, and this has been achieved without a compromise in style or ergonomics.
Karo’s HEATHROW 24/7 heavy duty chair has built up an enviable track record over many years with installations in control rooms and call centres throughout Southern Africa.
- Foam ignitability (Australian Standard AS/NZ 3744 Part 1)
- Overall Strength (Australian Standard AS/NZ 4438 level 6, which is “for extremely severe conditions such as police stations, control rooms and heavy industrial.
The HEATHROW 24/7 chair features a unique free-float heavy duty mechanism, a choice of armrests and a 5-Star base with extra-large, high performance castors.The ‘heart’ of the HEATHROW 24/7 is its free-float swivel & tilt mechanism that was designed and developed in Canada specifically for the North American 24/7 market. Over and above its extremely robust construction, this mechanism offers the following ergonomic features:
Three armrest options are now available on the HEATHROW 24/7 to suit individual requirements:
- The backrest position can be adjusted independently of the seat tilt movement.
- The mechanism incorporates an integrated seat slider to adjust the depth of the seat, and finally,
- This mechanism also includes a side tension adjustment – an ergonomic innovation that allows the tension to be easily adjusted while sitting on the chair!
As with all our seats, the seat foam on the HEATHROW 24/7 is made from automotive grade MOULDED Polyurethane foam. Manufactured in-house, this CFC-free environmentally friendly manufacturing process ensures that all Karo seats offer greater comfort and durability. All HEATHROW 24/7 chairs are supplied standard with a Gas height adjustment. This allows the user to quickly and easily adjust the height of the chair to ensure an ergonomically correct sitting posture. In line with the robust design of this range, the gas height adjustment on the HEATHROW 24/7 has a CLASS 4 (heavy duty) certification which Karo imports directly specifically for this chair range.Control room/call centre chairs need to be maneuverable in order to position the chair correctly in front of the desk or work station.
- The Height Adjustable Armrest (recommended)
- The Stratos Polyurethane Armrest
- Karo’s unique Mercury Armrest